Thursday, May 5, 2011

Things did not turn out the way I though they would

Its hard to believe that Jon graduated with his masters a year ago. Back then I thought that we would be in a house some where in the salt lake valley, Jon would be celebrating his year mark at his new job. When we left the village I told everyone that there was no way I was ever going to live in Vernal. When we are in school we often dream bigger than I eyes can see. I was one of those people. The lord must have known I needed to be humbled cause he gave us a curve ball when come the end of July we still did not have a job and needed a place to live. We moved into my brothers house and I was given one of my biggest blessing the chance to see my brother and his family every day. During this time I gained a best friend. My sister in law. Over the next few months Jon looked none stop for jobs. This was very hard and depressing at times. But again the idea of moving to vernal come up . After many hours of prayer and lots of fasting our prayers were answered and we began to plan the move to vernal. We had a house with an offer on it by the time we moved and we were excited for the next adventure. But the lord thought I still was not humble enough so he gave us a curve ball and we decided the house was not right for us. I was heart broken. In the mean time jon settled into work and I settled into a routine with the kids. And right now that is how things sit. We are still in a small apartment with three kids not any closer to a house and three hours away from salt lake and Jon had been at his Job for three months and not a year. Nothing how I thought things would be a year ago. But there has been things that have changed. I love Jon more now than I ever thought I would and he has taken care of me just like he said he aways would (and I believe him) We go out on dates more ( cause we have the time) and we do more as a family(again cause we have the time). But one thing is the same and that is that I am just as happy to today as I was the day he graduated. The sky is the limit for us and our future is bright as ever. Things did not turn out as I thought they would ........ they are better. I may not be as humble as I should be but I am more humble now than I was a year ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment