Thursday, June 9, 2011

Counting my blessings

Last night we got the news yet again that they did not except our offer on a house we had fell in love with. Again I was frustrated. Last time we were to low on our bid. And this time we were to high and they took the one that paid cash for the house. I just could not figure it out. What did these people want from us. I ran to my room like a little girl and cried. Jon trying to be supportive came to try and help. But for those of you who know me know that sometimes I like to just be left alone. Jon said to look at the things that I did have and that things could be a lot a worse. But again I did not want to hear it. I started to cry as I thought of how far away I was from family and friends. And then I started to cry as I thought about next weekend and the thought of knowing it was the last time I would see my brother Doug before he left for a year for the military. Then I cried again as I thought about my sister Melanie leaving for three years to support her husband as he finished school only to see her a few times a year. The tears seemed like they never would stop. As if on cue Lilly started to cry and I went to her room to see what I could do. As I covered her up and patted her back I started to cry again this time happy tears. I have three great kids who make me laugh every day. I have a husband that love me. And looks beyond a body that I hate and tells me I am beautiful. He has a job and supports our family. I get to be at home with my kids. We have a nice place to live. It may be small but it is ours. The list went on and on and before long I fell a sleep. Today has been a much better day I woke up ready to start over. I am glad for my trials as they make me take a step back and look at things differently. I love my family very much and I am glad that we moved to vernal. It has given us so many chances to grow and learn. I know that one day we will have a house of our own. Its just going to take more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment