Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Have you ever......

The past three weeks with my kids has been really difficult. They don't seem to listen to any thing I have to say. They are always fighting with each other. Someone is always teasing someone. ( Yes even Lilly can tease and it drives her brother and sister crazy) They are always getting into something they are not suppose to. Someone always feels like they need to back talk me. Needless to say I have been really frustrated. There have been times when I have sat down cried and asked my self what was I thinking in having kids I can't do this. What am I doing wrong? What can I do to help them. Will it ever stop? I am sure there are many who have felt this way if not you are mother of the year and I need your book. Today after another long battle with the 4 year old and putting back together yet another cabinet that Lilly had to pull every thing out of. I made a call to my mom.( My mom can still fix every thing) After letting it all she just said " No one has perfect kids, no one has a perfect house when they have young kids and every mom cries when they have times like this. Your kids are just normal. Give them a hug and kiss from Grandma" That was the end of the conversation I got off the phone still a little confused. then little miss Lilly pie came and wanted to be picked up. after a quick hug she was off and running again. Thats all I needed to feel better. My kids were normal what more could I ask for!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Vick, I definitely have those days a lot. My boys LOVE to pull the sheets off their beds right after I put them on, sometimes 5 times a day (which drives me CRAZY) make messes in rooms right after I've cleaned them, chase and tease their brothers, and the list could go on and on. I love your mom's advice it and I'll remember it on my hard days. Hang in there sweetie!! Somehow we'll make it through this crazy time in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that I'm not the only one that has those days. One thing that helps me is to put in a church CD and say a little prayer for things to calm down. Deep breathes and counting to 10 about 100 times. lol.

    ReplyDelete